Description: Successor to NV30 formerly known as NV35 with 4x2 architecture and a 8x1 mode for single texturing. Internal register file twice the size of that of NV30, removing a known bottleneck. NV30 differences from Tom's:
- DDR(-I) memory at 425 MHz instead of DDR-II memory at 500 MHz
- Memory bus widened from 128 to 256 bits
- Memory bandwidth of 27.2 GB\/s (NV35), up from 16 GB\/s (NV30)
- GPU clockspeed decreased from 500 MHz to 450 MHz
- Ultra versions of the FX 5900 will carry 256 MB RAM
- New, much less noisy cooling solution
- CineFX gains new "UltraShadow" feature and is now called CineFX 2.0
- IntelliSample optimizations, especially color compression, have been improved and renamed IntelliSample HCT (High Compression Technology)
- In addition to the FX 5900 Ultra 256 MB ($499 ESP), a standard FX 5900 128 MB ($399 ESP), and a GeForceFX 5900 Value 128 MB ($299 ESP) will also be offered.
Some rumours indicate that the core includes Pixel Shader 3.0 support, even if no drivers support it.
Process 130 nm Core speed 450 MHz Transistors 130 M Pipelines 8x1 or 4x2 (app. dep.) Memory DDR425, 256 bit, 27.2 GB/s AGP AGP8X Type Desktop Fill rate 3.6 Gtex/s RAMDAC 2x400 MHz DirectX 9+ Textures 8 Core NV35 Triangles/s 315 M Vertex shaders 2.0+ Pixel shaders 8 x 2.0+
Visit the new Nvidia GeForce FX 5900 Forum
Feedback removed due to excessive spamming
Showing 1-25 from 45 results. Page: [1 2 ]
2004-09-06 GPU Cheatsheet - A History of Modern Consumer Graphics Processors: For our next installment of the Cheatsheet series, we explore modern graphics processors and their relative performance, die size and other tidbits. AnandTech [rm]